2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2016 5:33 PM by edwest

VPN network not recognized - LDMS 2016 only see's point of presence address

edwest Apprentice

Hello All,

I am still working through the installation of the new LANDESK 2016 v10 server.  Here is my current issue with the new 2016 server:

I am struggling to get my IP to change in the console when I am connected via a VPN.  So, I am getting the local IP (192.168.xxx.xxx) and not my VPN IP address (172.16.xxx.xxx) in the console. Everything else that is not on a VPN is fine. 

I never had a a problem with this in my current 9.5 sp3 console.  I don't think we did anything special to get this to work it just works correctly in 9.5 sp3.

Maybe I am missing a configuration that would change this behavior.

Thanks,

Ed.

• 1. Re: VPN network not recognized - LDMS 2016 only see's point of presence address
          MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

As a test, in your Inventory Settings for the Agent, try disabling the Post to Web Service option. Update the agent settings on the client (send an agent setting update with either this new setting you created or refresh if you just changed the original one).

The inventory service is meant to be set with 'Use Connection Address' set to 1 but I have seen it ignored when using the Web Service posting rather than the older 5007 port posting.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://landeskone.marxtar.co.uk

LANDESK One Development Partner

Try MarXtar State Management for LANDESK to Better Understand and Manage your Assets

• 2. Re: VPN network not recognized - LDMS 2016 only see's point of presence address
            edwest Apprentice

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.  I am not too sure where you are talking about in the agents settings?  I have looked at the agent inventory settings from my 9.5 sp3 and landesk 2016 agent settings and I don't see anything talking about a Web Service posting?  I must be in the wrong location or something but can you give me more information because I cannot find it in the location you are describing.  Like I said I am sure it's oversight by me but I can't find it.

Thanks,

Ed.