1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 25, 2016 12:57 PM by nick.evans

DISM - Landesk

Rookie

Trying to enable .net framework 3.5 in Windows 8.1 using DISM

Getting an error ( file attached) showing that "kitsRoot" not found and cannot set the common path for deployment tools.

DISM commands will run in an elevated command prompt and when running the batch file on the machine itself all works, however when using Landesk to download to client and run, I get the rootkits error.

Cannot get it to work, and am stumped as to what to do next.

Any ideas Gurus?

• 1. Re: DISM - Landesk
          nick.evans SupportEmployee

Hi Julian,

I found some similar errors on Microsofts Technet site here.

Here is the key bit that I found repeated in a couple threads:

I had the same issue.  I used akspa's solution to determine that the 2012 Update 1 was looking in the registry for a key and not finding it.

The key it was searching for is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Kits\Installed Roots\KitsRoot

But ADK 8.1 installs a different key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Kits\Installed Roots\KitsRoot81

My fix was to create a new REG_SZ key named KitsRoot and paste the value from KitsRoot81 into it.  Work Bench launched without issue after that.

Without access to the bat to see exactly what it's doing, the common factor seems to be with it looking for a nonexistent reg key.

Could be worth comparing and validating your *.bat's calls against what reg keys are actually present from the ADK installation.

If in doubt, consider running procmon and looking for regkey lookups that are not found.

1 of 1 people found this helpful