3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2016 4:09 AM by Paul Hyman

Test to Live error

talljed Apprentice

Hi, I am getting some errors on the test to live tool. I have been able to resolve some by using the test to live checker and design transfer but am stuck with a ui_dashboard error.

I can see a number of dashboards that are in live (They were created by an analysts that has the privilege to create personal dashboards), but are not in test.

How can I resolve this? Do I just use design transfer to transfer all web dashboards into test? Or do I just delete the dashboards in question from live?

T2l is quickly becoming the enemy !

Any help would be much appreciated

Warren

• 1. Re: Test to Live error
          Paul Hyman Expert

Hi Warren

T2L should not be the enemy, it should be considered as a helpful friend that saves you time even though it is very strict.

As there are a few different type of dashboards could i ask you to post the exact error so I know what we are dealing with as I didn't think the personal dashboard came over.

Thanks

Paul

• 2. Re: Test to Live error
            talljed Apprentice

Hi Paul,

The dashboards were in the table ui dashboard rather than ui personalised dashboard. I have been able to get test to live to run successfully now in my test system by deleting the dashboards that were highlighted in the T2L checker tool.

I now need to look at how an analysts was able to create a system dashboard rather than a personalised one. I will search on the forum for this.

T2L is a useful tool, we just need to manage it better here. Too long has been left between dev/test and live cycles which has resulted in rouge changes in the prod environment.

Thanks for your support

Warren

• 3. Re: Test to Live error
              Paul Hyman Expert

Hi

I am glad you have managed to get T2L working now, and i am very happy my T2L checker helped

I would check the privileges for the analysts that managed to create a system dashbaord and remove it.

Thanks

Paul