1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 15, 2016 11:54 AM by andrew.weaver

Dell Latitude e5470 PXE boot

Hello all,

I obtain an IP address when I do the initial PXE boot, but right after it loads the drivers, it says IP addresses: waiting for IP address.......

I loaded the network drivers from the cab file provided here: Latitude E5470 Windows 8.1 Driver Pack - Enterprise Client - Wiki - Client and Mobile Solutions - Dell Community, afterwards, I did redeploy the PXE reps.

We are using LANDESK Management Suite 9.6 SP2

Any thoughts, ideas?

• 1. Re: Dell Latitude e5470 PXE boot

If the device is still reporting "waiting for IP address...." with the loopback address, the boot.wim has still not uploaded the applicable driver for the NIC/device.

We've had great success reaching out directly to the NIC/adapter vendor and informing them of your intent (PXE booting to a WinPE environment) inquiring about the proper driver.

Always remember to load the drivers into the Preboot>Manage Drivers in WinPE Image within your OS Provisioning Tool in the console, and to redeploy PXE reps after every update.

For quick reference, this document covers that process: How to add drivers to WinPE for Ivanti EPM OS Provisioning