Hi Everyone !
Does anyone here utilizing power of LANDesk specifically for patching / software distribution in MSP environment?
Of course if it is MSP environment then you must be using LANDesk with CSA (Management Gateway).
Could you please give me a brief idea that how you are utilizing it? I ask this because I feel CSA has more limitations and it totally negates the wonderful features offered by LANDesk.
I mean that if you have CSA and almost all your servers / desktops checking in to core server through the CSA then in that case we can not use below mentioned features:
1) Cannot use Push
2) Can not push update to agent settings
3) Can not update agents easily
4) Can not push agent deployment
5) Can not use any of Diagnostics option when right click a device
6) Can not use any right click features available per device like run security and compliance scan / reboot / shutdown etc.
7) Can not cancel a task / or kill a process immediately (must wait for policy sync to happen, meaning you need to wait for task to run / sometimes we may require a task to run immediately)
8) Can not use Linux agent (CSA does not support it)
All I would like to know is that, how you use it effectively even with above mentioned limitations due to CSA? Do you have any workaround related to above mentioned points.
Kindly guide me on this, your experience in utilizing LANDesk with CSA in MSP environment would really help.
Thank you for your attention on this.