4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2016 2:17 PM by nick.evans

Creating Disconnected Template Fails

Rookie

Hello ,

Was wondering if anyone has come across this when attempting to create a disconnected template.

It starts the process ok copies over the image.tbi and the offline_tasks.xml it fails then on Copying Provisioning Utilities.

End of log file -

ERROR BootMediaHelper  21/07/2016 8:23:31 AM  : Error Mapping drive, lddwnld returned: 100001

ERROR POfflineProvisiong  21/07/2016 8:23:31 AM  : Could not download provisioning tools.

Coreservername.txt is on the device and has correct name as I read to check that.

Thank you for your time.

• 1. Re: Creating Disconnected Template Fails
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Haven't run into that myself ... but - you may want to enable debug logging (instructions here - How to enable Xtrace Diagnostic Logging ) and see if the more verbose log will give you something more helpful.

Important - since this is a Core/Console side of things affair, make sure to add the relevant registry keys to the 64-bit registry location - so HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\landesk\managementsuite\LogOptions\ - and not HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\landesk\managementsuite\LogOptions\ as that would be for 32-components (i.e. "the agent side stuff") as all of the Console & Core-tech stuff is fully 64-bit as of LANDesk Management Suite 9.6.

Other stuff / "regular process" would involve checking in with support & requesting the latest stable component patch around the relevant component (which would be "BASE" in this case, as it's all Core-tech).

Hope that helps shed a bit more light on things.

• 2. Re: Creating Disconnected Template Fails
            JKoslowski Apprentice

Mine is erroring out at "Copying Image Files" the USB stick is a 64GB stick and the image is only 20GB.  Where do you find the log file for this?

• 3. Re: Creating Disconnected Template Fails
              Tracy Expert

First things first... make sure you have the latest patches applied! There have been many fixes to the offline stuff that I know of.

Things to check:

preferred server credentials for the image store (the process used lddwnld to download the image using preferred server credentials)

earlier versions created a fat32 thumbdrive to maintain UEFI compatibility which means your image could not be over 4GB (I was splitting mine at 2GB on capture)

if using a remote console... console patched and up to date? Client installed on client machine? Is certificate trusted?

Files and logs are located in windows\temp or %temp% (I can't remember which) on the console machine. Also I can't remember if the temp folder is deleted when the UI closes, so leave that open when you look for logs.  Also Variables such as %ldhostname% are resolved to the taskxml when a template is scheduled to a machine.  But since no machine is targeted when you create the thumb drive it can’t resolve to anything specific.  Your best bet is to add the Device Name prompter action to override the %ldhostname% variable.

Good luck!

Tracy

• 4. Re: Creating Disconnected Template Fails
                nick.evans SupportEmployee

Hi Nathan,

As others have mentioned, make sure to check your patch level.

This doc contains a list of some of the known patch levels that broke that feature.

How To: Manually Create Disconnected Template