3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 7:37 AM by jcr17

Can Personal Dashboards be deleted via Console

Rookie

I've got one Personal Dashboard that I need to remove for one individual.  In Console, there's a "Personal Dashboards" query that shows me a list of all Personal Dashboards.  The one I'd like to remove is shown here, and if I right click on it a "Delete" option is available - is it safe to choose this, and will it impact on anything else at all other than this single dashboard?

I'm aware that the same can be achieved by removing entries in the ui_personalised_dashboard table, but as there's only one dashboard for one user that I need to remove I'd like to avoid troubling our DB admins if possible

We're on v7.8.5745.22454, if that's relevant.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Can Personal Dashboards be deleted via Console
          andreas.lindner Expert

Hi,

I don't know if you are able to check to which DB table the query is pointing. If it is pointing to 'ui_personalised_dasboard' or the Object 'Personlised Dashboard' then you'll only see dashboards or divergent settings of existing system dashboards created by any user. So usually it is safe to delete a row from that table because there are only user settings and no system dashboards.

I, for myself, prefer to delete a personal dashboard via SQL query because there I can make sure that I delete the row from the correct DB table.

Hope it helps!

Andreas

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can Personal Dashboards be deleted via Console
            John Stuart-Robson Employee

Hi,

You can build a query on User Interface>Personalised dashboard.

I would suggest adding User.Title and Dashboard. Title and Last Update.  You could also add prompted criteria against user to quickly get to the personalised dashboard you might want to remove.

From within that query you can then right click and delete.  I would exercise extreme caution as you can delete all personalised dashboards if you are not careful!

Thanks

John

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Can Personal Dashboards be deleted via Console
              Rookie

Thank you Andreas & John - I've deleted the dashboard in question and all is ok.