Hi Everyone !
I am using LDMS 2016 and all the clients are checking into the core server through the CSA.
Since last 15 days, around 80+ devices out of 500+ devices are not updating their inventory records, I noticed this two days back on the core.
So I decided to run manual inventory scan on some of those devices, the moment I run manual inventory scan on the client, it shows me blank GUI for around 10 seconds and then it becomes invisible. Though when I check running processes it shows me that inventory scan process is running and it does not do anything and stays there for a long time, after all that when I check on the core server none of the inventory records time / date etc gets updated, it remains old (meaning inventory scan is not working / that's why it's not reflecting the last new date / time on the core)
Blank inventory scan GUI:
Though running the process:
This is what it shows me in Programdata\LANDESK\log\LDIScn32 file:
When I run Manual inventory scan on a healthy client that is already reporting updated information to the core server.
This is how good inventory scan GUI looks like:
I cannot guess what is causing this issue, 80+ devices have the same issue and behavior as shown in top 3 screenshots. I called to landesk support and they looked into it for hours and said that
it seems your Agent has got corrupted, they also checked Agent configuration and there is no issue with agent and inventory configuration, as all the devices are using the same agent / agent configuration.
I asked them what caused agent to got corrupted on 80+ devices on the same date 5th July (last run inventory scan as per core), they said it could be AV / HIPS blocking it or may be any GPO changes / and all sorts of stuff. They said that some change might have happened in your environment that I am not aware of and that resulted corruption of agents.
It does not make sense to me that how come same day 80+ servers agent got corrupted, as I am aware of all the changes that happens in our environment / and these servers have different owners not all owners are going to make changes to these on the same day, one more thing is that we perform changes in our environment only during weekends and last run inventory scan for these servers is 5th July (Tuesday), so there is no possibility of that we did any change in our server environment.
I also checked event viewer logs on the core as well as on clients but nothing significant info found there by me / support person.
Could you please explain a bit, that what is causing this issue / are agents really got corrupted, if yes then what could be the possible reasons for corruption.
In future what can I do to make sure that agents don't get corrupt, shall I consider using something known as "agent watcher / agent health settings" for my devices.
Kindly assist me to resolve this issue.