5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2016 10:40 AM by GreggSmith

modifying Xtraction to provide Activity Log information

marc.see Rookie

Does anyone know how to modify Xtraction's data model to provide this information:

• 1. Re: modifying Xtraction to provide Activity Log information
          fahussain Apprentice

Hi Marc,

you need to add ACT_LOG table in the incident views of the data model.

regards

farooq

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: modifying Xtraction to provide Activity Log information
            GreggSmith SupportEmployee

Hello Marc,

Xtraction should already show you the Activity Log information.  I believe the activity log fields start with a "z" in Xtraction so they sort to the bottom of the field lists.  You can always modify the Text fields in the data model if you want them to just say things like "Activity Log Date" instead of "z Activity Log Date".

The mapping that already exists will show the information like in your screenshot.  If you want to process the log data to report something specific, like # of group transfers, would require additional model mapping using the activity log to return the specific results.

Thanks,

Gregg

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 4. Re: modifying Xtraction to provide Activity Log information
              marc.see Rookie

Actually, someone requested # of group transfers. I didn't even know there was a way. Is it too much to guide me through here or should I open a ticket in CA which in turn would probably look into contacting you or someone in Landesk?

• 5. Re: modifying Xtraction to provide Activity Log information
                GreggSmith SupportEmployee

Depending on how old your CA SDM adapter is, you may already have it.

Open your data model in the Data Model Editor and expand the left side tree until you see the tables in the Incident view. (see the image below in relation to the following steps)

1. You should see a table (or set of tables) for the Activity Log mapping you originally asked about

2. If you see a "table" for GROUP_TRANSFER_COUNT, then you already have it.

3. By detault, it is disabled, so just double-click on the table to bring up the table properties and make sure that the Active box is checked.

As with any data model change, you need to save the change, use the Administration -> Reload -> Data Model command, and then reload Xtraction in your browser before you will be able to use the new field(s) in your dashboards.

If you do not see the GROUP_TRANSFER_COUNT table in your data model, just respond here and I'll provide a way for you to add it.

group_transfer_count.jpg

2 of 2 people found this helpful