2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2016 7:35 AM by jerrod

Mac scheduled tasks won't run if no one is logged in

jerrod Apprentice

We are running LANDESK 2016 (10.0.0.271). When we schedule a distribution package, it will not run until someone logs in to the computer. If it's at the login screen, the task will be active with a status of "Client has started processing task" and eventually move to pending with a status of "Policy has been made available".

I checked the log and it looks like ldscheduler is failing when no one is logged in. I will see the following error when the computer is sitting at the login screen:

Jul 26 12:26:10  ldscheduler[83] <Info>: LCLaunchAndGetPID Failed: "/Library/Application Support/LANDesk/bin/ldswd" /taskid=2611 "/policyfile=CP.2611.RunNow.xml" result = -1, pid = 0, removing from queue 

If I log in and restart the task, it will succeed:

Jul 26 12:33:55  ldscheduler[83] <Info>: LCLaunchAndGetPID Successful: "/Library/Application Support/LANDesk/bin/ldswd" /taskid=2611 "/policyfile=CP.2611.RunNow.xml" result = 0, pid = 3415, setting running task

I thought I might have something configured incorrectly, but I can't find any settings that would change this behavior.