3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2016 8:03 AM by GreggSmith

PLease let me know 3 Business day policy

SurabhiSingh Rookie

PLease let me know 3 Business day logic in respect with SCCD tool.As it should not include the weeknds and holidays.

• 1. Re: PLease let me know 3 Business day policy
          GreggSmith SupportEmployee

Hello,

If only it was that easy.

Is this for one time zone or multiple time zones?  What constitutes a weekend?  What holidays are observed?

The logic for calculating this is anywhere from mildly complicated to a big pain in the neck, especially if you are looking for generic code that accommodates all of those situations.

• 2. Re: PLease let me know 3 Business day policy
            SurabhiSingh Rookie

Hi Smith,

This is one time zone.

And Weekends include –Saturday and Sunday

We are taking Emblem Health Holiday list

Regards,

Surabhi

• 3. Re: PLease let me know 3 Business day policy
              GreggSmith SupportEmployee

When customers have had those requirements (1 time zone, 1 "work shift"), I usually suggest creating a User Defined Function (UDF) in the database you are reporting against that accepts two date values and performs the logic of calculating the difference between the two dates, adjusted for the work shift rules - in this case, M-F excluding holidays).  If the date values are already stored in the appropriate time zone, all the better.  If the date values are stored in UTC, then the UDF logic will need to include adjusting the 2 dates to the relevant time zone before doing the duration calculation.

Since each customer's situation is different (date values in UTC or specific time zone, date values stored as dates or Epoch, 1 or multiple work shifts, etc.), we do not have a generic solution to share.  A function specific to your situation is necessary.  If you have the resources available to create this logic, they should be able to take my description above, coupled with the specifics of your environment and need, and create the function for you.  Then, you can use that function in the Xtraction data model to map that calculation.  If you do not have the resource available, you can certainly engage LANDESK Services to create it for you.  However, this is not something that LANDESK Support would create for you under support.  I don't know the specifics of your account, but if you find you happen to have some unused services hours from a previous engagement, you could consider using those hours to have this function created for you.