4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2016 6:39 PM by irizarisan

Schedule task for Report in CSV format shows incorrect header

irizarisan Apprentice

I have an existing reports working perfectly however after we applied the Service Pack 3 on our LDMS Core. The report shows incorrect header. Problem is only notice if the report is sent to my email as an attachment in csv format.

Running query manually and then export to CSV is okay. The header displays perfectly. Refer attachment for sample.

• 1. Re: Schedule task for Report in CSV format shows incorrect header
          cjensen SupportEmployee

Hi irizarisan,

Are you seeing this issue with a specific report? I attempted to duplicate it using one of the Standard Reports in the console but wasn't able to do so. Any additional details you can provide about the report would be helpful. Once I have that information I can attempt to duplicate the issue once again.

Thanks,

Channing

• 2. Re: Schedule task for Report in CSV format shows incorrect header
            irizarisan Apprentice

Hi Jensen,

Thanks a lot for the feedback and attempting to duplicate. I was actually creating a query and then create a report out of it. Running and manually extracting report to csv works however if you try to schedule it to send report to email in csv format. That is where I encountered the issue on the header.

This happens on all query i created and then run a schedule task to send email in csv format.

Steps done:

1. Create a queries using below:

"computer"."Last Updated by Inventory Server" < "getDate()-20".

2. Create a report out from the query i created

3. Right click on the report and then select Schedule > CSV

4. Configure schedule task to send to my email.

• 3. Re: Schedule task for Report in CSV format shows incorrect header
              cjensen SupportEmployee

Hi irizarisan,

Thank you for the additional information. I was able to duplicate this issue using LDMS version 9.6 SP2, but after updating to SP3 the issue was resolved and the emailed .csv reports contained the header as expected. This issue was a reported defect in SP2 and was subsequently fixed in SP3. That being the case, it is odd you are experiencing the issue only after upgrading to SP3. If you were to navigate to Help > About LANDESK Management Suite > More Info, is Service Pack 3 listed? If so, I would be interested to see what happens if you were to setup the query and scheduled task for the .csv export once again, just as a test. Please let me know what the result is.

Thanks,

Channing

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Schedule task for Report in CSV format shows incorrect header
                irizarisan Apprentice

Thanks Jencen for the feedback. I had reviewed on it and found out that the core i am accessing is still in SP2. Our setup here is 1 Rollup core and 2 management cores located in Asia and US.