4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2016 5:30 AM by Jenny.Lardh

Placeholders

Vicky1985 Apprentice

Hi

Could someone please tell me why we can use placeholders in some of the attributes within windows in a process and not others?

For example my colleague is looking at an assignment window and the title field he is able to add a placeholder in however in the details field he doesn't get that option I'm just wondering why this is and if there is a setting we can change in order to allow him to do this?

Thanks

Vicky

• 1. Re: Placeholders
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

<Moving the thread over to the ITSM / Service Desk side of things -- if I read this correctly, this isn't related to the Management Suite. Hopefully someone will be able to help you better in the proper place for such questions >

• 2. Re: Placeholders
            Jenny.Lardh SupportEmployee

Hi Vicky,

You should be getting the option of "Placeholder" whenever you right click on a field that can handle placeholders.

Placeholders can be added on Assignment window - Title and Description Attribute and Reminder window - Title and Description Attribute. These are the only Objects and Attributes that they will work on.

You can read more about Placeholders here: Placeholders - General information what a placeholder is and how to create one.

Kind Regards,

Jenny

• 3. Re: Placeholders
              Vicky1985 Apprentice

Jenny

Is this a setting which can be changed on an attribute or not? We have a task assignment window within our request system and the title can have placeholders but the details cant however the same window in a different module we can insert placeholders in both boxes.

Kind Regards

Vicky

• 4. Re: Placeholders
                Jenny.Lardh SupportEmployee

The Assignment Description should be able to have placeholders, so if you're not seeing the option when you right click try and type the placeholder in manually and it should still work.

This is not a setting that can be activated on fields, but is hard coded to only work on Reminder and Assignment Objects Title and Description Attributes.

Kind Regards,

Jenny

1 of 1 people found this helpful