3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2016 10:15 AM by alouhichi2

Manage User's History Preference on Workspace

alouhichi2 Apprentice

Hi everyone

I am looking please to interdict end user (working with workspace) to update history preference on work-space (Ideally to hide this on workspace)

Please is there someone who knows if is it possible for administrator to manage ( allow / prohibit) user to change history preference on workspace ?

Many thanks

Best Regards

• 1. Re: Manage User's History Preference on Workspace
          alouhichi2 Apprentice

Hi everyone

Any ideas about this please ?

Regards,

• 2. Re: Manage User's History Preference on Workspace
            marco.nigg Apprentice

Hi Anoir

We had quite a similar situation. However, our goal was to hide the "history" action completely so that our users cannot access it at all. I raised a case with landesk support regarding this issue and they informed me that there is currently no possibility to hide the "history" action.

Our second thought was to predefine the history preferences for all users, which currently isn't possible as well. I therefore entered our requirement in as an idea which you can find here:

Predefine history settings for end users

Currently, we have implemented a workaround. We have defined the "default history preferences" for our users and once every night we update the corresponding tables in SQL by setting our predefined default for all users. It's not a perfect solution, but it works for us until Landesk provides a better option.

Regards

Marco

• 3. Re: Manage User's History Preference on Workspace
              alouhichi2 Apprentice

Hi Marco,

Thanks very much for this fredback

exactly what I have done is the same : force with sql treatment the history display type's for all users. I choose the chronological display without automatic actions.

I still have a problem:

Some customers used the private notes system. the problem with this is that user still able to see for example private notes added by an analyst fron history.

i appreciate your help and have voted for the enhancment

best regards

1 of 1 people found this helpful