7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2016 3:01 PM by Brett.Smith

Deploying Avalanche Cert to WT6000 through StageNow

Matt Dermody SSMMVPGroup

Has anybody had any success deploying the Avalanche Cert to a WT6000 through the StageNow tool? I am using this process in conjunction with the Bulk Enrollment method to deploy an Avalanche APK install, enroll.prf file, and ca.pem cert to TC8000 devices without issue. StageNow initializes the Keystore and then auto-process the ca.pem cert into the trusted certificates Keystore. Then, when the Avalanche Enabler is launched for the first time, after the initial Activation step, the enrollment process is automatic because the cert and enroll.prf file are already installed on the device. It's a pretty awesome process but it is unfortunately only working on the TC8000. Everything is successfully pushed to the WT6000, but the ca.pem file just doesn't seem to be processed. The Avalanche Enabler indicates that there is "no peer certificate" in the error logs when I put it in Diagnostics mode. If I then manually install the ca.pem certificate using the Install from SD card option under the Credentials subsection of the system Security Settings the Avalanche Enabler recognizes it and successfully enrolls into Avalanche. I hate having to manually install the avalanche cert because it then forces me to setup a lockscreen and a pin/pattern, which I've managed to circumvent on the TC8000.

Does anybody have any experience with Bulk Enrollment + Zebra WT6000s + StageNow certificate loading? I'm afraid I already know the answer to this question...