9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2016 7:14 AM by Vicky1985

Incident from Request Value type for email

Vicky1985 Apprentice

Hi

I have just set up an action to create and incident from a request and vice versa which works perfectly.  I have been asked to add a reminder to the request when it close and a new incident is created to say that the request has been closed and your new incident number is this however I have tried loads of different value types and nothing seems to give me the new Incident number.

Has anyone else managed to do this or know which value type I need I may have just been selecting the wrong ones.  I have tried a lot of different ones and none of them seem to work.

Thanks

Vicky

• 1. Re: Incident from Request Value type for email
          Vicky1985 Apprentice

I have managed to get a number to pull through however it is incorrect using place holder {RequestsIncidents/Request/_ProcessRef}.  So far out of all the possibilities I have tried this is the only one which pulls anything through all the others are just blank.

Has anyone else managed to pull through the new reference which is created?  I am also doing this for an incident change to a request and I am having the same struggle.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Incident from Request Value type for email
            Markus.Gonser ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Vicky,

I think you have to add your reminder to the Incident and not to the request.

When you have an automatic action as "create Incident" and an automatic action as "add reminder" behind, LANDESK will not process sequential the automatic action. It´s random.

So it is possible, that the add reminder action will start before the Incident has been created,

best regards

Markus

• 3. Re: Incident from Request Value type for email
              Vicky1985 Apprentice

Hi Markus

Thank you for your reply.  Sorry I maybe haven't explained very well. I currently have an action from within Incident process to change the incident to a request. I have attached a screen shot: incident to request.PNG

I have added my reminder after the old incident is closed and the new request has been created.  I have tried a number of placeholders within my reminder to pull the new ID number through but none of them seem to bring anything back apart from the one mentioned above which brings what seems to be a random number back.

I have the same set up in my request process so we can change a request to an incident.

Unless I am mistaken the reminder has to be in the process you start off using otherwise it wouldn't know to swap processes and send the reminder out.

I have also thought that maybe the new ID isn't visible for one reason or another however when the automatic close happens in the incident history the new ID number is generated so surely I must be able to pick this number up from somewhere to add it into the reminder I would like to send out??

• 4. Re: Incident from Request Value type for email

Hi Vicky,

ok, so I think the better way is to add/send the reminder to the new process. There you could create a condition which will look if this Incident/request is created by and request/incident by asking the collection of each process is not null. So you could then have both Ticket IDs and all information which you need to send it with the reminder.

best regards

Markus

• 5. Re: Incident from Request Value type for email
                  Vicky1985 Apprentice

Thank you for this information could you tell me how I might go about setting this up?

I am presuming that I would a reinitialize auto action from the close in the above screen shot?

• 6. Re: Incident from Request Value type for email

I will describe this in the case from Request to Incident. In the other way it´s the same...

You have to create a condition which check if the request collection is not null. If the request collection is not null, then you create the reminder of your screenshot above. From Incident you could get the request id.

I´d place this condition after the "Open" status. So you could add two different reminders there. If created from request or not.

Is this helpful?

best regards

Markus

• 7. Re: Incident from Request Value type for email
                      Vicky1985 Apprentice

OK how would I pick up the Request ID from Incident?

Thanks

Vicky

• 8. Re: Incident from Request Value type for email

Hi Vicky,

you should have a collection or a linked business object in your incident object like "Request" or "Request Collection".

When you want to get the ID from the Request then this could be for example in a collection like:

- Incident.Request.ID or Incident.Request_Collection,ID

If you take this in the reminder then it could be like:

- Incident/Request/ID

best regards

Markus

• 9. Re: Incident from Request Value type for email
                          Vicky1985 Apprentice

I have tried using these to pick up the reference number but it isn't working it is just blank.

do you know where the system stores the numbers which it puts in the history tab?