3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2016 1:09 PM by dmshimself

How do I make a query showing status of jobs for a particular team....

Rookie

How do I make a query showing status of jobs for a particular team??....Overall Workload tells me jobs assigned to a group...but I need to know how many jobs submitted by members of team XYZ are still open.

eg. Team XYZ has 12 members in it. They regularly send in jobs to the Service Desk. Their manager wants a query showing status of all jobs submitted by his team XYZ

I've had a good look but can't determine the correct attribute I need to add for this one.

Would appreciate any advice.....thank you

Malcolm

• 1. Re: How do I make a query showing status of jobs for a particular team....
          Apprentice

you can do that using audit trail

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I make a query showing status of jobs for a particular team....
            ProServices

The first thing you need to consider is whether the people who are submitting these jobs have membership to a particular group and where that's tracked.  That's going to tell you where you need to look.  For example, when I first started out using Service Desk, all our users had their departments represented in a string field on each User object.  A few years later we realized it was better suited for us to actually use the customer groups that exist in user administration to populate the departments there and make sure it was filled out on all our users.  That way when the time came to report on how many tickets came in from X,Y, and Z departments we had a way to know but we also had a way to begin to associate those services at the CMDB level to those departments.

So the answer to your question is that its the attribute you've chosen to populate this group information on and it could be a string field or it could be a particular group object on your users.  I know that End Users will typically have their 'Primary Group' object populated with the department so I would check there first.  If that is a dead end, I would also take a look at your Active Directory imports.  If you're importing dept/group data, the import will show you where you're mapping it on each user.

• 3. Re: How do I make a query showing status of jobs for a particular team....
              ITSMMVPGroup

As long as these people are in a group, then the create by group should give you an attribute to filter processes on