3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2016 1:08 AM by Senta

SAP integration with LDSD

Apprentice

Hi All,

I currently have a requirement where i need to transfer some data from Incident management (Incident object), request management (request object) and  change management (change object) to SAP instance. I am currently confused on how to go about it and where do i begin. I also need a solution which gives me the freedom to define that when exactly does this data transfer takes place. Either it is scheduled on monthly basis or on demand wherein the user with the permission can send data from Landesk to SAP.

• 1. Re: SAP integration with LDSD
          Senta SupportEmployee

Hello Sahil,

the most customer I know with SAP integration use an web service on the SAP side to allow SD to send data to SAP via a (SOAP) web service action in the process.

Some SAP installation speak a SOAP dialect which is not understood by SD, and a middleware web service will be necessary (small service on the SD application server). Landesk Professional Services can assist you in setting this up.

• 2. Re: SAP integration with LDSD
            Apprentice

Hi Jan,

What i want to know if that if there exist any custom integration between SAP and Landesk that is provided by Landesk System ?

• 3. Re: SAP integration with LDSD
              Senta SupportEmployee

Hello Sahil,

our Professional Services Consultants have implemented many SAP integrations, so custom integrations do exists.

As every integration is a bespoke solution, these solutions are not disclosed.

All these solutions use the web services of SAP (SOAP) to be called by Service Desk. Service Desk, as written before, can call SOAP web services to exchange data.

Service Desk also contains a Web Service (called Event Manager) so that other Systems (e.g. SAP) can send data to Service Desk via SOAP.

Your SAP Admin will need to create the Web Service on the SAP side. Some SAP installations speak a SOAP dialect which is not understood by SD, and a bespoke middleware web service will be necessary (small service on the SD application server). Landesk Professional Services can assist you in setting this up.

For documentation on how to call these Web Services, please see our documentation here: https://help.landesk.com/docs/help/en_US/LDSD/10.0/Default.htm#../Subsystems/Designer/Content/Object Designer/LinkingToWebServices.htm