2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 5:57 PM by dmshimself

Tickets not Locking in Workspaces  (LANDesk 2016.2)

santwi Rookie

Has anyone had similar issue with LANDesk 2016.2 as described below ?

I have noticed that tickets are not locked in workspaces:

1. A ticket can be opened and updated by a selfservice user in workspaces and an analyst in workspaces at the same time.

2. If for example a selfservice user opens a ticket in webdesk and an analyst opens the same ticket in webdesk - the ticket is locked and a message is displayed

3. If for example a selfservice user opens a ticket in webdesk and an analyst opens the same ticket in workspaces - the ticket is not locked and both users can update the same ticket

I have been informed by LANDesk support that this is classified as a feature (rather than a defect) that will be added to future enhancements.  Please see LANDesk Support's response below

This is simply the feature that has not been implemented yet. According to our documentation:

"CAUTION: If you enable any Locking Policy on an object, currently the Optimistic locking policy is applied in LANDESK Workspaces."

This could be a show stopper as it means data could be unknowingly be overwritten as there is no locking at all.

Please let me know if you have a workaround for this.

Thanks