6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 3:35 AM by Stu McNeill

Workspaces 2016.2 Accessing Camera

Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

Hi

On the above version when using a tablet sized screen I can, in an HTML field,  select the image icon, click, and access the camera to insert a picture on-the-fly.

On a mobile phone sized screen if I do the same (ie "click" when prompted) then nothing happens.  I also notice the image dialog box seems a tad skewed off center to the left which may have something to do with it.

Is this a known bug and if so does it have problem number and can we expect a fix in 2016.3?

J

• 1. Re: Workspaces 2016.2 Accessing Camera
          Stu McNeill Employee

Hi Julian,

What devices are you testing with and what browser/app are you accessing Workspaces through on each device?  I would expect the device and browser/app to be more relevant to this not working than the screen size.  For instance I remember we had some issues with older Android browsers.

Thanks

Stu

• 2. Re: Workspaces 2016.2 Accessing Camera

Hi Stu

Tested on:

• iPad Pro 9.7" running iOS 9.3.5;  popup appears when clicking area and works fine.
            • Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 6.0.1;  no popup appears when clicking area!
            • Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 6.0.1;  no popup appears when clicking area!

I'd have though Samsung Galaxy & marshmallow combo are pretty mainstream these days.

Notice too how the dialog shifts left rather than being centred (has room after all).

Ju

devices.png

• 3. Re: Workspaces 2016.2 Accessing Camera
              Stu McNeill Employee

The popup alignment looks like a separate issue because on my iPhone I see the same thing but tapping the button still brings up the "Take Photo", etc. options.

What app on your Android devices are you using?  The LANDESK app or a web browser?  After numerous issues with the old default browser (including with images/attachments) we dropped it a year or so ago and only support Chrome.  I think it depends on the phone manufacturer's customised distribution whether or not they ship Chrome or if they still include the old default one and you have to add Chrome yourself.

From https://help.landesk.com/docs/help/en_US/LDSD/10.0/Default.htm#../Subsystems/SupportedPlatforms/Content/BrowserClients.h… :

Earliest supported mobile devices for LANDESK Workspaces using a browser

• Android 4.1.2 using Chrome
              • Blackberry 10.1 using the default browser
              • iOS 7 using Chrome or Safari
              • Windows Phone 8.1 using the default browser
              • 4. Re: Workspaces 2016.2 Accessing Camera

The above examples are ALL using the LANDESK App respectively.

J

• 5. Re: Workspaces 2016.2 Accessing Camera

Stu

Just tried on my Galaxy s7 Edge in both default browser AND Chrome and it works in both of them.

I also just tried on my Samsung Galaxy Tab3 running Android 4.4.2, both in Chrome and the APP;  Chrome works, the APP doesn't.

So an issue with the LANDESK APP then on Android ONLY (not iOS)?

People expect to install an APP on mobiles and first question I get is always "Is there an APP?",  so IMHO this should be available and full-featured as something you CAN control even if not the browsers.

Is this something you can fix with a later APP to the PLAY store (I'm running the latest BTW).

Ju

• 6. Re: Workspaces 2016.2 Accessing Camera
                    Stu McNeill Employee

Ah, sounds like an issue with the Android app then.  I don't have much dealings with that so not sure how that works, but log it with Support.

Yes if there is a defect fixed in the apps then they are updated in the app stores.