6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2008 9:50 AM by sgriffi

software push "network path cannot be found"

Rookie

ok, been reading the other discussions but i'm stumped.  I have two machines side by side, one i can push software to and one i can't.  The one that i can't, i can remote to and it appears as tho the inventory scan runs as well.  I browse to program files/landesk/ldclient and run the cb8inst.msi to also be sure its connecting to the core server.

what if anything am i missing?

open to advice.

thanks

• 1. Re: software push "network path cannot be found"
          Apprentice

is it to obvious to ask if you checked the windows firewall (or any other firewall) to make sure it was either off or tweaked for LANDesk.

• 2. Re: software push "network path cannot be found"
            Rookie

i cannot explain it, but shortly after i posted, i attempted the push again and it worked.  Perhaps i needed to be more patient after the inventory scan.  I guess if your inventory scans are working properly pushes SHOULD work without incident.

thanks for the help.

• 3. Re: software push "network path cannot be found"
              MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Sounds like you may have inventory scans backing up.  Take a look at your ldmain/ldscan directory and see if you have a large number of .scn files in there.

Also, if you need to quickly update ip addresses, take a look at running miniscan.exe as it will send a scan that is prioritised over normal .scn scans.

Mark Star - MarXtar LANDesk Enhancements

Home of Power State Notifier & Wake-On-WAN for LANDesk

• 4. Re: software push "network path cannot be found"
                Rookie

ok, in my ldscn/error scan folder i do have alot of .scn files.  Should i just delete them to create room.  is that a good idea.

• 5. Re: software push "network path cannot be found"
                  MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

There is no harm in deleting the files from the errorscan folder as these files are ones that have been rejected - do not deleted from the ldscan folder.  However, if you have a lot of these and they are more than 2k in size, then you may have issues in receiving full inventory scans.  Clear out the directory and monitor its growth over the next few days.  Small files tend to be the result of out of sync scans and appear in normal use; however very large volumes of these may indicate duplicate device ID issues.  Large files are generally related to full scans being rejected and you should look for corresponding errors in the core's event log for more information.

What I was originally referring to was a potential backlog of .scn files in your ldscan folder which is where scan files are temporarily held before processing into the database.  It is normal behaviour to have a small backlog in here at peak inventory times such as mornings or maybe afternoons and at these points it may take anywhere from a few seconds to minutes to process an inventory scan.  I mentioned this because you said that you had to wait before things worked after scanning the system.  This may or may not be related, just a suggestion.

Mark Star - MarXtar LANDesk Enhancements

Home of Power State Notifier & Wake-On-WAN for LANDesk

• 6. Re: software push "network path cannot be found"
                    Rookie

Thanks for your help, i don't think this folder has ever been checked.  over 2500 .scn files from early 2007.

thanks again.