2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 2:03 PM by jlmisenh

Service Desk 2016.2 Outbound Email Notifications

jlmisenh Apprentice

Our current configuration sends email notifications to Analysts and End Users, however, I would like to have a text message sent to Analysts as well.  I can send either text or email, but not both.  I have Email Address and Email Address 2 defined, but the process is only pulling from Email Address.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Service Desk 2016.2 Outbound Email Notifications
          dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

Do you mean a short message service type text?  If so, LANDESK do not offer that as a standard feature, but often you will find SMS mail gateways that allow you to send a text as an email. If you have one of those, then using the second email address for the user is the way to go, but you'll also need to set the checkbox on that account to 'send to all email addresses'.  I think it is off by default.  It might not be there as standard, but you should be able to find it in windows designer with a fairly obvious name.

• 2. Re: Service Desk 2016.2 Outbound Email Notifications
            jlmisenh Apprentice

Correct.  SMS.  It works in the primary email by using the 10 digit phone number and append @vtext.com (Verizon) or @att.txt.net (AT&T).  I will verify 'send to all email addresses' checkbox has been selected.