3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 2:17 AM by Ivan.G

Update MAC address of a device in Mobility Center?

Rookie

Hello,

One of our WT41N0 terminals came back from service with a tag that said, "We have changed one of the receivers within this unit."  The "receiver" appears to be the wireless adapter, because the tag lists its old MAC address, along with a new MAC address.  In Mobility Center, I see the device with its' old MAC Address, and I want to update it to the new MAC.  Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to find how to do that.  I would bring up the properties of the device, and it shows the old MAC, but it doesn't give me the option to edit it.

Can someone explain how and where I can make that change, so I am able to re-establish a connection to the server with the device?  Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Update MAC address of a device in Mobility Center?
          Ivan.G Apprentice

Hello

It´s automatically.

When the avalanche enabler detect the new mac change this information in their configuration files.

I think the new mac there will be in \Application\Avalache\Config\MAC.bin .

If you are sure  RF card  was changed , try to delete de _DEVPROP.PRF file and launch again the avalanche enabler. This file will be generated again with your device information  and when the enabler reconnect again with the server this information will be updated in the AMC server.

• 2. Re: Update MAC address of a device in Mobility Center?
            Rookie

The problem is that the device cannot connect to the server.

New MAC.JPG

The Wireless Status from Fusion on the device shows the new MAC Address; IP Address shows as all zeroes.

Old MAC.JPG

But in the AMC, it's still listed under its' old MAC (I blurred out IP Address & part of Serial); not pictured, under "Recent Activity," the status is "Update Pending".

Mobile Device Details.JPG

In the Mobile Device Details, the "Edit Property" button is disabled, so I cannot change it there.

Is there somewhere else to edit the MAC for this device profile?

• 3. Re: Update MAC address of a device in Mobility Center?
              Ivan.G Apprentice

Until the enabler does not connect to the server these values will not be updated.  As you see these values can not modified manually only the enabler can.

Resolve your conectivity problem to connect to AMC server or try  another solution .

You need a PC with connectivity to the server. This PC needs  Microsoft activesync(WXP)  or WMDC (Windows Mobilde Device Center-W7) software. 
              Use WT41N0 Dock station and USB  to connect the device on a computer.

The enabler on device will use this connectivity from PC to report the changes, install SW , everything you want. .