2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 6:28 AM by MarXtar

Which setting can I change in the agent so I do not have to recompile it and which settings require agent recompile

rvaysman123 Rookie

Which setting can I change in the agent so I do not have to recompile it and which settings require agent recompile

• 1. Re: Which setting can I change in the agent so I do not have to recompile it and which settings require agent recompile
          wcoffey SupportEmployee

rvaysman123 Can you please elaborate on your scenario and why you believe a "recompile" is necessary when referencing an agent setting. Are you experiencing issues with a particular agent setting? If you make a change to any agent setting and save the change, you can run a "change settings" task to make your modifications available to the desired client(s). If a change is made to a default agent setting, you can still create a change settings task or simply waiting for the locally scheduled vulscan to launch. It checks for updated settings every time a vulscan is ran.

Please help me understand your problem if I'm way off here.

• 2. Re: Which setting can I change in the agent so I do not have to recompile it and which settings require agent recompile
            MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

As a general rule, if you change it in agent configuration then you would need to redeploy. This is pretty much enabling/disabling modules these days so would need to install or uninstall the selected modules.

If you change within agent settings then the agents will inherit the changes without needing to be redeployed.

If you change the selected agent setting within an agent configuration then that will only apply to machines that have the agent deployed after that point. If you want to change the agent setting applied to a device then there is a toolbar option in Agent Settings that lets you schedule a new agent setting.

If you are in Agent Configuration and edit an agent setting then those changes are still inherited without agent redeployment.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://landeskone.marxtar.co.uk

LANDESK One Development Partner

Try MarXtar State Management for LANDESK to Better Understand and Manage your Assets