1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 3:39 AM by phoffmann

Generate report with agents installed

Rookie

Good day!

Please help. noob here.

I planning to generate a report with compose of installed agent only on my network.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Generate report with agents installed
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

OK - and what do you need / want from us? Clarifying that would kinda help .

I can show you a simple / "cheat"-y way of doing simple reports, if THAT is what you're after?

First up - make use of column sets (which I assume you know how to set up?) to select the fields you want to use. For this particular example, I'll use the default fields - but you can add domain names, IP-addresses or whatever else you want/need into a column view, and thus "populate" your report.

If you don't know about custom columns - that's essentially how you configure "what data columns to display". If you end up having trouble with that after going through the help & so on, let us know. But for now, I'll assume that you're familiar with that...

NOTE - I'll go a slightly more convoluted route here than necessary, so as to teach you a few extra things on the side.

IMPORTANT TIP:

Generally, make sure that whatever values you DO use, are "single value" items - such as "IP address" or "Device Name". If you use Multi-value fields - like "Software Package Name" you'll have multiple entries per device. That tends to make reports more painful to look at.

So - let's being with a Query. Since we want "ALL devices" the query is going to be very simple - "Device Name Exists" in essence. The reason why I suggest a query here, is so that it gives you an easy option to filter later on - so "and domain LIKE myotherdomain" can be easily added!

Reporting_1_QueryCreation.jpg

OK - so now we can run our query by 2x clicking it...

Reporting_2_QueryHasRun.jpg

At this point, you can do several things:

• Add filtering conditions to the query (though you'd probably replace the "DEVICE NAME EXISTS" with the first filter such as "Domain name must be XYZ" or so).
          • Add columns to the "query proper" (bottom half of the query selector).
          • NOTE - you can ALSO drag a Column Set into the query & the query will temporarily take that column set on, until it's re-run. Handy for "playing around" and getting to feel with your data.

Now - how do we see this as a report? Easy - right click on the query and select the "VIEW AS REPORT" option:

Reporting_3_ViewAsReport.jpg

And this brings us our result... "TA DAHHH" so to speak .

Reporting_4_TheReportItself.jpg

Super customisable report with but a handful of clicks. Sorted.