2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 4:10 AM by MarXtar

Monitor concurrency?

AAtkinson Rookie

Hi All,

Is it possible to generate concurrency metrics? We're investigating if it would be cost effective to move an expensive product from a per-user license scheme to a network based license. I am able to gather usage metrics for the product in question; I'm thinking the data exists, I'm just not sure how do define a report/query to get it.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Monitor concurrency?
          Jharris3400 Apprentice

I would suggest entering in the cost in the license catagory in SLM and then executing the calculations under the admin tab. That should give you what you are looking for, if I understand you right. 

• 2. Re: Monitor concurrency?
            MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Hi, LANDESK collects usage data but this data is not time stamped so you can't do a concurrency calculation.

What you could do is plug our State Management solution into LDMS either as a permanent add-in or even as part of a short term project. This would allow you to choose which processes to monitor so that you can produce concurrency reports over time.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://landeskone.marxtar.co.uk

LANDESK One Development Partner

Try MarXtar State Management for LANDESK to Better Understand and Manage your Assets