2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2016 2:58 AM by Ivan.G

Diverence between Wavelink-Versions

adler Rookie

Hello,

we are using Wavelink Avalanche 5.3.1 and I was looking for any information regarding new features in Wavelink 6.1.  Is there a version comparison? Got the administration a modern look & feel or is it still the same?

Hadn't found it on the WebSite, maybe I had overseen it.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Diverence between Wavelink-Versions
          Matt Dermody SSMMVPGroup

Besides adding support for "Smart" devices it is honestly more of a UI refresh than anything. Some features have actually been stripped out and then general user experience of 6.X can be frustrating. Some issues I have with 6.X relative to 5.3 include:

• You can no longer ping devices in bulk in order to quickly find a device that is powered on
          • You can only use the Web Console version of Remote Control which is less feature rich than the Java Console

I would still recommend 6.X over 5.3 at this point, but I would prepare yourself for a less stable but more future proofed environment.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Diverence between Wavelink-Versions
            Ivan.G Apprentice

I agree with Matt,   These two functionality are very usefull and with the 6.x there aren´t.

Another functionality I miss      , 

.- There is not java console to manage the server only web access.

.- In profiles. SW profile  Network PF,MDP or another profile you did  ,   you can´t filter by name to view only the profiles you want   only can filter by type of profile.

When you have ten is not a problem but when you have more than a hundred, yes.

1 of 1 people found this helpful