5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2016 3:59 AM by dmshimself

Mail not sent to the analyst and end user

Apprentice

Hi,

I want to send automatic email notification to the End User and to the Analyst when the ticket is assigned to the Analyst.

I have created a Request process in Landesk Service Desk. Below is the screenshot of the process:

There are 2 Reminder notifications (Automatic Actions), one for the End User and another for the Analyst. The Reminder Notification is:

The email is not even shown in the Outbound Mails. But when I click on Notification from the History(Below is the screenshot), I can see Send Message Action. On clicking SEND MESSAGE action the email is shown in the Outbound Email but still not sent to the Recipient.

->    

My issue is that the email is not sent to either of the recipients. Can anyone help how can I achieve the email functionality automatically?

• 1. Re: Mail not sent to the analyst and end user
          ITSMMVPGroup

Presumable these are not being sent.  If so you'll need to look at the date/time set for send date, the check box for notifying the end user (notify raise user) and the checkbox for notify assignee.  For the assignee you also need to make sure the current group and current analyst are value type copied from the process into the group and user attributes.  You should also make sure the Is Active checkbox is set to be true and that the background and outbound services are both running.

A good article to look through is here:

Troubleshooting when notifications / reminders aren't sending

This comes up quite quickly if you do a google search of something like landesk community  reminders not being sent.

• 2. Re: Mail not sent to the analyst and end user
            Apprentice

Can't this be achieved without checking the check box for notifying the end user (notify raise user) and the checkbox for notify assignee?

• 3. Re: Mail not sent to the analyst and end user
              ITSMMVPGroup

I recommend you review the document in my reply and also the section in the designer documentation about sending reminders.  It goes through pretty much what you want to do.  It uses notes as the example from memory, but the principle is the same.

One question for you - How is the process designer supposed to know which reminder goes to the end user and which does to the analyst without you telling it?

• 4. Re: Mail not sent to the analyst and end user
                Apprentice

How is the process designer supposed to know which reminder goes to the end user and which does to the analyst without you telling it?

Answer: I have created 2 different notifications for both the end user and the analyst. In one notification I have mentioned the email address of the End User in the User drop-down and in the another notification I have mentioned  Analyst's email address.

• 5. Re: Mail not sent to the analyst and end user
                  ITSMMVPGroup

I'm afraid you don't put email addresses into reminders.  For the end user it's sufficient to check the box to notify rise user.  For analysts you specify the user (not the email address) of the analyst concerned AND check the box to notify assignee.  These checkboxes are the way you tell LANDESK which reminder goes to the end user and which goes to the assigned analyst.  If both people are to see the same email, then you could use just the one reminder, check both boxes and fill in the assigned analyst as the user.

Given that you feel you have put in an email address, I really do recommend you review the two documents I mentioned earlier.  I think the method will then become clearer to you.  You should also look in the OOTB database as the Full Incident process will have reminders that have been correctly set up in them.  It's always easier to work with an example that works.

To be strictly accurate, you don't have to use the notify raise user checkbox.  It's a handy shorthand, but you could also check the notify assignee checkbox and value type copy the raise user of the process into the reminder user field.  That way you can use the same method for both end users and analysts and it's the user you fill in that determines who it goes to.  But the LANDESK documentation mostly comments on the Notify Raise user checkbox, so perhaps you might want to follow their led and use it.

A final thought from me; I recommend for the analyst reminder that you also fill in the group.  That way if the process has been assigned to a group or a group+analyst and not just to analyst, things will still work and the reminder will go to everyone in the group who has the receive group emails checkbox set for that group membership and who also has their notification method set to be external in their user record.  Just a thought.