11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2016 1:04 PM by Dave Johnston

Windows 10 version upgrade using Patch and Compliance?

Dave Johnston Apprentice

Has anyone tried this and gotten it to work?  I followed the steps in the instructions for patch W10V1607 and downloaded the proper ISO and placed it in the patch directory.  The patch definition now shows that the correct version is downloaed, and it indicates that the "patch" was installed successfully under Security and Patch information when I patch my test machine:

But when I check the version info on the device (Microsoft Surface Pro 4), it still shows the previous version (I am trying to upgrade from 1511) - even after the requested reboot.  When I check the vulscan logs on the client, this is what I see at the tail end of it:

=== Running PowerShell Script to upgrade Windows 10 version 1607 ===

Drive letter is:

D

Upgrade command line:

D:\setup.exe

succeeded=true

message=Please reboot the machine to finish the upgrade.

=== Finished running PowerShell script to upgrade Windows 10 version 1607 ===

Thu, 15 Sep 2016 14:29:52 from stdout: succeeded = true
      Thu, 15 Sep 2016 14:29:52 Message returned from repair script was Please reboot the machine to finish the upgrade.
      Thu, 15 Sep 2016 14:45:01 Read from pipe (0x1f0) failed: 109
      Thu, 15 Sep 2016 14:45:01 ClosePipes

Seems weird that it's running the command line using the D drive, could that be the issue?  My other thought is that I have something configured in my agent settings that is preventing it from installing properly.  If anyone has gotten this to work - either with version 1607, or a previous version - can you let me know if you had to do anything special to get it to work?  Thanks in advance!