3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 2:18 AM by Motaz

Create Request from Incident

Apprentice

Hi,

i want to design a process wherein I need to create Request from Incident. I have created a collection of Incidents on Request object. In Action type I am unable to select Related Action as the option is not shown.

On Incident Object:

On Request Object:

The process that I have created on Incident Object is:

Whenever I try to create Request from Incident in Webdesk I get the following error:

Can anyone help me to resolve the error and create REQUEST from Incident?

• 1. Re: Create Request from Incident
          Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi

You are trying to attach/create a request that goes into the Provisioning status. Now if you check your Request Process --> Provisioning status, You will notice that the action Attach Incident in not under the additional action for this status. Just add this action to the status and you should be good to go.

Make sure you apply the same steps on the rest of the statuses so you don't face any issues anymore.

• 2. Re: Create Request from Incident
            Apprentice

Hi Motaz,

Thank you for the reply. Hopefully it would work. Can you please explain the process to achieve the same? I am not getting the process on how to add the Attach Incident on the provisioning status of Request?

• 3. Re: Create Request from Incident
              Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Himani,

Follow the below steps to solve this issue:

• Open Process Designer
              • Modify the Request Process that you are using as follows (After disabling it)
              • Highlight the Provisioning Status, Then click on properties and click the ... next to the Optional Actions as shown below:

Req.jpg

• Add the Attach Incident Action as shown below:

Req2.jpg

• Click OK and save the process then enable it again.

Note: You might need to apply the same steps on more statuses other than the provisioning. Just follow the same steps and you should be good to go.