2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2016 4:51 AM by phoffmann

Landesk Bat file

Rookie

I have a bat file that points to an MSI with all of the answers.  When i run the Bat file it gives me the security question "We can't verify who created this file. Are you sure you want to run this file?"  Who do i get by this so i can push thios to my users?  I have Landesk 2016 and my users are Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Landesk Bat file
          MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Look at the properties of the MSI. Do you have a button that is similar to 'Unblock'? If so, unblock it.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://landeskone.marxtar.co.uk

LANDESK One Development Partner

Try MarXtar State Management for LANDESK to Better Understand and Manage your Assets

• 2. Re: Landesk Bat file
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

That'll be Windows UAC (User Access Control) blocking you, in short, I would suspect . That wonderful "nice on paper, horrible in reality" security feature...

As long as you're running the install as "Local System" you shouldn't get to see the UAC screen.

Also, you don't need to have a batch with all the answers - you can call the MSI directly and feed it command line parameters in the command line parameters section as an alternative. A crude screenshot of what I'm talking about is included below:

MSI_InstallOptions.jpg

... so your TRANSFORMS-file (at a guess) should be easily enough called through there .