Whenever LANDESK launches I am presented with this window:

However when I follow the directions, the required menus are greyed out:

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: There are unapproved client certificates awaiting your review
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

So - couple of layers to this.

1 - The immediate.

Guessing you've enabled the client-certificate security model. In other words, EVERY client creates a (unique) cert & registers it at the Core. You need to approve those certs to "OK" clients, so that they can have policies.

That's done (normally) via this route here:

I - Go to CONFIGURE -> SECURITY

ClientSecurity_1_Accessing.jpg

2 - In the new screen, click on the "Approve..." option

ClientSecurity_2_Accessing.jpg

BONUS -- you can 2x click on those "bars" to get queries to show you what devices do / do not have client certificate security capabilities!

Finally, approve clients (none in my screenshot, as I'm using the "Auto-approve" option, as I only work with a few tightly controlled VM-s).

ClientSecurity_3_Approval.jpg

===============

As for your missing option ...

1 ... Make sure you're a "full" LANDesk Admin.

2 ... Make sure you're on the Core (not 100% whether that's a req, but it often is & I don't have a remote console at the moment).

If you've got "all the rights" and are on the Core, it's possibly a license problem. Get in touch with support, and they can try your activation credentials out ... if it's a licensing problem, they should see it right away & can work with the licensing folks to get it fixed.

... that SHOULD about cover it all.

• 2. Re: There are unapproved client certificates awaiting your review
            mgaudet Rookie

Thanks for your reply phoffmann, but we may be on different versions here - I should have specified that I'm running LANDESK 2016 Version 10.0.0.271, so my CoreServer | Configure options are different:

I am a "full" LANDesk Administrator.

• 3. Re: There are unapproved client certificates awaiting your review

You're not on the Core itself though, are you .

(If you were, the SERVICES option wouldn't be greyed out).

And my screenshot is from 2016.3 - but the SECURITY option has been in there since 2016 vanilla.

Which is why I suggested the two checks - one, make sure you're on the console for the Core itself. If you are, it's likely a licensing oversight / hiccup that should be (I hope) relatively easy to fix via support (should be easy enough to confirm when they test their Core with your activation credentials).

This is a new feature to 2016 only - so no older versions would've had that .

To expand a bit - certain things are (intentionally) only configurable on the Core itself - as an additional layer of security. So that's why remote consoles *SHOW* you stuff like "Services / Client Access" but have them greyed out, unless your in the Console on the Core itself.

• 4. Re: There are unapproved client certificates awaiting your review
                mgaudet Rookie

Got it.

Thanks for helping out the noob. 

• 5. Re: There are unapproved client certificates awaiting your review

No problems. It's how we all learn. I just ran into the same "d'uh" situation a few months earlier is all.

I take it then, that the Client Access stuff was fully viewable & so on once you were on the Core?

• 6. Re: There are unapproved client certificates awaiting your review
                    mgaudet Rookie

You betcha.
                    I could have sworn I was able to do that from my console before, but now I know.

Thanks again