4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2016 1:29 AM by Julian Wigman

Restore Soft Deleted Laptop

Apprentice

I deleted a laptop from my system that I need to restore or delete permanently. I created a  query and selected the box to show soft deleted records. I then added the query to my queries shortcut bar, but I am getting the following error when I attempt to run the query:

Once I click OK, the query results display as expected, but I cannot select or right-click any of the results. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Restore Soft Deleted Laptop
          Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

If you copy the query, does the copy also do the same thing?

Do you also get the same error when you run it from "Query and Report Designer"?

• 2. Re: Restore Soft Deleted Laptop
            Apprentice

Copy does the same thing and I do not get an error when in Query and Report Designer and I test the query.

Here is the query design:

• 3. Re: Restore Soft Deleted Laptop
              Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup

You could try the restoration via a database script.

Update cf_config_item

Set cf_deleted = 0

Where cf_guid = 'INSERT GUID OF DELETED RECORD HERE'

This should get you the result you want.  If it was soft deleted, the cf_deleted will show as a 1.  Just switch that flag.

• 4. Re: Restore Soft Deleted Laptop
                Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

You don't say but assume you are on a ServiceDesk version later than 7.3 aren't you because there was Problem # 3968 ("Configuration Items are always hard deleted regardless of type being soft deletion.") before that that was fixed in 7.3.1.

Doing in SQL works well if you have access to SQL Management studio though not all customers will I guess if access is locked down by their DBS's (I was with a customer just yesterday where this is the case...much to their frustration).

If you have access to Configuration Center you could maybe set the diagnostic level to errors and see if any more detail in the log files on what is causing this?