1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2016 12:38 PM by jaysmith

Package Bundle prerequisite query failure

RodrigoBC Apprentice

Hello everyone.

I have a made a complex package bundle to install one component of Microsoft Office, but uninstalling the older versions first. It has 2 package bundles nested within. One of the nested bundles contains the uninstallation packages and the other contains one installation package. Each package is tied to a prerequisite query that checks if the program is present or not (Office Project in my case). The estructure is what follows :

• Main bundle container:
        • Uninstallation bundle:
          • Uninstallation package 1 + prerequisite query to check if the software is present.
          • Uninstallation package 2 + prerequisite query to check if the software is present.
          • Uninstallation package 3 + prerequisite query to check if the software is present.
          • Uninstallation package 4 + prerequisite query to check if the software is present.
          • Reboot inter package action.
        • Installation bundle:
          • Installation package.

In other bundles that I have made (2 software packages with their respective queries) the installation goes ok, and when the device is not included in the results of the prerequisite query it fails accordingly returning the error code 16424 (The machine failed the prerequisite query).

For the complex bundle, whenever I launch its distribution task, it fails with the error code 16424 but If I want to troubleshoot the task I don't know what query is failing. Is there any place or log to check what query is causing this?

I have launched separately all the packages and they run ok with their respective queries.

Thanks.