3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 5:59 AM by Ricardo_Almeida

    Cannot open service catalog items

    Ricardo_Almeida Specialist

      Hi All,

       

      I made a few design changes to a request window, and now, on workspaces, I get the following error message when clicking "Request service" on any service on the service catalog:

       

       

      Error: Internal Server Error. Server Response: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

       

       

      On webaccess it works fine, but on workspaces (end user and analysts) the error message always appears.

       

      thanks in advance

       

      Best

       

      Ricardo

        • 1. Re: Cannot open service catalog items
          andreas.lindner Expert

          Hi Ricardo,

           

          these object reference errors always happen if some attribute is NULL that cannot be NULL. Basically all mandatory attributes cannot be null and although some of them have default values there may be some problem with run time values that can cause the problem. Now there can be multiple causes to that problem:

          1. Did you add a new calculation that may cause the problem (also any window calculation)?
          2. Are all necessary attributes populated with values in your Service item?
          3. Are all necessary request process attributes are populated with values from your Service item (runtime values)?
          4. Did you change some filters or copy rules related to any mandatory attribute?

           

          Sometimes, since the Workspaces is not feature complete, there will be a problem with copy rules and filters because not all of them will work at the moment. The easiest way will be to use an automatic action in the process to populate the mandatory information. But I think the answer lies within the possible causes I mentioned before.

           

          Hope that helps!

          Andreas

          • 2. Re: Cannot open service catalog items
            Ricardo_Almeida Specialist

            Hi Andreas,

             

            Thanks for the feedback.

             

            Yes, I added calculations (windows calculations)

             

             

            import System

             

            static def GetAttributeValue(Request):

             

            HAdduser = true

             

            MAdduser = false

             

            HCuser = true

             

            MCuser = false

             

             

             

            if Request._ConfigItemRequested != null:

             

            if Request._ConfigItemRequested.Title == "FXTracker - Add New User":

             

            HAdduser = false

             

            MAdduser = true

             

             

             

            if Request._ConfigItemRequested != null:

             

            if Request._ConfigItemRequested.Title == "FXTracker - Change User":

             

            HCuser = false

             

            MCuser = true

             

              

             

            return string.Format(":SetHidden(_FXTAdduser1name,{0});:SetMandatory(_FXTAdduser1name,{1});:SetHidden(_FXTAdduserlastname,{0});:SetMandatory(_FXTAdduserlastname,{1});:SetHidden(_FXTAdduseremail,{0});:SetMandatory(_FXTAdduseremail,{1});:SetHidden(_FXTAdduseremployeetitle,{0});:SetMandatory(_FXTAdduseremployeetitle,{1});:SetHidden(_FXTAdduserdisplayclient,{0});:SetMandatory(_FXTAdduserdisplayclient,{1});:SetHidden(_FXTAdduserdisplayPO,{0});:SetMandatory(_FXTAdduserdisplayPO,{1});:SetHidden(_FXTAdduserdisplayPM,{0});:SetMandatory(_FXTAdduserdisplayPM,{1});:SetHidden(_FXTAdduserdisplayAM,{0});:SetMandatory(_FXTAdduserdisplayAM,{1});:SetHidden(_FXTAdduserdisplayGPM,{0});:SetMandatory(_FXTAdduserdisplayGPM,{1});:SetHidden(_FXTAddusermanager,{0});:SetMandatory(_FXTAddusermanager,{1});:SetHidden(_FXTAdduserClientNotif,{0});:SetMandatory(_FXTAdduserClientNotif,{1});:SetHidden(_FXTChangeuser1name,{2});:SetMandatory(_FXTChangeuser1name,{3});:SetHidden(_FXTChangeuseremail,{2});:SetMandatory(_FXTChangeuseremail,{3});:SetHidden(_FXTChangeusermanager,{2});:SetMandatory(_FXTChangeusermanager,{3});:SetHidden(_FXTChangeuserdisclient,{2});:SetMandatory(_FXTChangeuserdisclient,{3});:SetHidden(_FXTChangeuserlastname,{2});:SetMandatory(_FXTChangeuserlastname,{3});:SetHidden(_FXTChangeuseremployeetitle,{2});:SetMandatory(_FXTChangeuseremployeetitle,{3});:SetHidden(_FXTChangeuserclientnotif,{2});:SetMandatory(_FXTChangeuserclientnotif,{3});:SetHidden(_FXTChangeuserdispo,{2});", HAdduser ,MAdduser,HCuser,MCuser)

             

              

             

            The 1st service was working correctly, the second "FTracker - Change user", is the one that started giving problems. the last attribute "_FXTChangeuserdispo"  has a default value text that I entered and set to read only.

             

            Could this be related?

             

            Best Regards,

             

             

            Ricardo Almeida

            • 3. Re: Cannot open service catalog items
              Ricardo_Almeida Specialist

              Hi Andreas,

               

              The error was due to the fact that I had an attribute on the window with a default value, however, I removed the text from the label related to the attribute,  so that only the attribute would appear.

               

              That didn't go well with my windows calculations (Hidden and mandatory fields), so I gave the label of the attribute a title and it worked.

               

              Many thanks for the explanation. Really helped!

               

              Best Regards,

               

              Ricardo Almeida