4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 10:20 AM by GreggSmith

Can I export data in CSV format?

rspringe Rookie

I would like to export data from a datasource in CSV format.  Is there a way to do that?

• 1. Re: Can I export data in CSV format?
          fahussain Apprentice

Hi,

already there is csv format is available in export component if you  are referring to export the data in csv format

if not then please elaborate your requirement

regards

farooq

• 2. Re: Can I export data in CSV format?
            GreggSmith SupportEmployee

Yes* and No.

Yes - When exporting a single component, CSV is an available format option.

csv_export_option.jpg

(*) - The caveat to this is that there is extraneous information in the file.  You would need to clean up the first line or two and the last line or two of the file before feeding the file into some application that processes CSV files.

No - CSV is not an export option for Documents or when exporting an entire dashboard.  If you are asking about the ability to export an entire Document so that you can schedule it, this is not possible.  CSV's are designed to store a single set of information (like the results of a single component), and not multiple sets of data in the same file.

If you need to schedule an export to CSV, the only option that supports both of those options (CSV export and scheduling) would be the Report Designer.

• 3. Re: Can I export data in CSV format?
              rspringe Rookie

Hey Gregg,

Long time no hear or see. You have hit the nail on the head for me.  I need to export the data on a scheduled basis.  May I suggest as a feature enhancement to have the ability to record list data into a CSV file.  If the document contains multiple dashboards in record list format, it should then export each document component into separate CSV files.

• 4. Re: Can I export data in CSV format?
                GreggSmith SupportEmployee

I checked, and I do not see a feature enhancement request for this specific request (adding CSV as an export option for Documents), so I would recommend taking a moment to add it yourself.  Just use the "Create an idea" link on the left side of this page: Xtraction - ER