2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2008 2:49 AM by phoffmann

wrong patch information

Rookie

Hi, everyone

I've one problem with my patch information.

My clients reports everything fine but the information it's duplicated cause appear in installed patches and missing patches, i tried send it full inventory and security scan but doesn't work ...

When i check the information on the client the patch appear installed in add and remove programs.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: wrong patch information
          MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

What happens if you target it to install the patch?

Installed patches may be pulling information on what windows thinks has been installed but it is still possible in some cases for a machine to become vulnerable again.  Look at the patch information and see what detection logic it is using and see if that is valid.

If a patch will not install or installs and still appears vulnerable even after scanning again, then contact LANDesk support providing the vulscan logs and the ID of the patch so that they can look and see if the detection logic is incorrect.

Mark Star - MarXtar LANDesk Enhancements

Home of Power State Notifier & Wake-On-WAN for LANDesk

• 2. Re: wrong patch information
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

Do this:

1 - Go to the client (or write a custom script)

2 - Run "vulscan /clear"

3 - Run "vulscan /reset"

These two commands will delete the Client-side and the Core-side patch information for this client, it's essentially the vulscan way of getting "back into synch".

4 - run a normal vulnerability scan.

You should be fine now.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead