4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 5:49 AM by Owen

Google Chrome Template

Landon Winburn Expert
      This one should work with v35 and higher without having to use WSGs like indicated in https://www.myappsense.com/Knowledgebase/TN-151145.aspx. It captures settings, history, and bookmarks.
        • 1. Re: Google Chrome Template
          Roger1 Apprentice
          Thank you for this post.  I would much prefer to personalize Chrome with App Personalization rather than WSG.  I initially thought WSG was going to be my only option for v35 and up.   

I tried this template in our test and environment and it mostly worked.  Extensions did not personalize, however.  Note - I prefer to not personalize extensions or any type of cache if possible.  After the initial sync, extensions would disappear after the next launch of Chrome.  Even though I don’t want to personalize extensions, I do want to allow users to keep them on their primary physical box.  After much toying around, I think I found the solution.  I used modified settings from my previous WSG configuration.  So far things look peachy. 

Please feel free to point out any glaring mistakes in the attachment.
          • 2. Re: Google Chrome Template
            Landon Winburn Expert
            First off, I'm not a chrome guy so I don't really know the ins and outs of it but I did download and install the google translate extension, logged out, nuked the profile, and logged in and it still works. Which extension is giving you issues?
            • 3. Re: Google Chrome Template
              Roger1 Apprentice
              Appreciate the test.  It very well could be the extensions.  I'm running Adblock Plus and the built in Docs extension.  They both vanish with the default configuration.  EM version:  8.5.738.  I'll do some more testing and see what comes up.  It's quite possible it's just user error on my part.  I'll report back if I find anything of interest.
              • 4. Re: Google Chrome Template
                Owen Rookie
                Hi
                Loaded this template but having issues capturing bookmarks. Copies bookmark.bak file not does not copy the bookmark file . any suggestions?