4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2017 7:24 AM by andrewgresbach

Lync Template

Landon Winburn Expert
      Lync Personalization Template
        • 1. Re: Lync Template
          andrewgresbach Rookie

In our environment Lync 2013 initially opens as Skype for Business and after the first run we get the dialog that administrator has chosen to run as Lync and you have to restart the app.   I can't seem to get this initial step to be captured so it doesn't have to happen.....also once i go through that , the "start lync when you log in" setting in Options - Personal doesn't seem to work (you have to manually launch from the Start Menu.   Once i remove the Lync policy from EM and run Lync on its own (so that its captured in my Unidesk user layer, everything works as it should (user logs in and it launches automatically).  maybe i'm missing something in the setup?

• 2. Re: Lync Template
            Chrisb1 Employee

Have you profiled it to see what flag is getting set?  I'm guessing there is a reg key outside the normal Lync location that's keeping track of that.

• 3. Re: Lync Template
              andrewgresbach Rookie

how could i do that ?  i'm still getting familiar with all of this.  I think i have a good handle on the differences in using app groups vs windows groups and have it mostly all set but this one thing i am stuck at yet

• 4. Re: Lync Template
                andrewgresbach Rookie

i ended up figuring it out using the regrecent tool i found here.  this one happens to be a key that we must set the preference on the lync server (what i was suspecting) so even if i did change it , it changes right back).  The welcome/ first run key would be nice to get rid of but that happens to be a HKCU setting so not sure how i could set that in the image.  thank you for the help with this