5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2015 11:20 AM by TDS

Agent Installs Happening Outside Scheduled Times

TDS Rookie
      I have encountered an issue with deploying agents via the CCA.  I pushed out to a test group last night, and while most went during my scheduled install time, some installed many hours later this morning when the user logged in.  Obviously this is not what I want, as the whole reason I used the schedule was so that it did not do any installs while the user was actively trying to use the computer.  What are the possible reasons that this happened, and more importantly, how can I ensure it does not happen with future deployments? I have included a screenshot of my schedule settings.
      Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Agent Installs Happening Outside Scheduled Times
          BChriscoli Expert
          Depending on your poll period, the machine may not have received the schedule, and thus performed the install when it came online.
          • 2. Re: Agent Installs Happening Outside Scheduled Times
            TDS Rookie
            I'm not certain that I understand that answer.  When the computer boots up, does the CCA not check to see if it is within the assigned scheduled window before it starts installing things?  If not, that seems like a rather large flaw.  Or am I misunderstanding your answer?
            • 3. Re: Agent Installs Happening Outside Scheduled Times
              Landon Winburn Expert
              If the computer polled prior to you making your change to "scheduled" then it still thinks it needs to install based on the old settings. If the machine is shutdown before it polls and sees that it needs to use "scheduled" then it will install on next bootup when they turn the machine on if the prior setting was "at startup".
              • 4. Re: Agent Installs Happening Outside Scheduled Times
                BChriscoli Expert
                Just to expand on Landons clarification... At Startup is classed as the first 20 minutes since power on.
                • 5. Re: Agent Installs Happening Outside Scheduled Times
                  TDS Rookie
                  Thanks for the answers, guys.  Two things, though.  First, the schedule has been the same since I created the deployment group.  I installed the CCA via SCCM, which registered the new clients into the deployment group, so they've never had any different installation schedule than what they have now.  Second, this methodology seems a little flawed.  I guess I don't understand why it wouldn't check in to see if a different installation schedule had been configured since the client last checked in.  This makes it almost impossible to configure this on the fly.
                  But most importantly, since the schedule has not changed for any of my clients since CCA install, can you think of other reasons it might install outside of the scheduled time?  Thanks again for the quick responses.