2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2015 12:31 AM by gregf

Accessible files on domain DFS paths

SupportEmployee
      Anyone hit this?

1) Is it as simple as adding \\dfsclient\*\ then the path?

2) Any idea why we might see it for some results but not others? Note that the screenshot above shows files in a very similar path, one appearing with the dfsclient-based path and the other just with the usual unc path for that domain dfs-based location.
        • 1. Re: Accessible files on domain DFS paths
          markw Apprentice
          AM will try to resolve the DFS path to the underlying UNC path, so adding the DFS path to the config will have no effect. AM will also try to resolve the DFS path to its underlying UNC and then look for a match in the config.

If that is not the behaviour you want you can use the following Custom Setting - DFSLinkMatching. The description of this is

Set this value to '1' to enable DFS Link matching. DFS Link paths can be added to the rules. DFS Links are treated as separate independent items to be matched. DFS Targets are also treated as separate independent items. There is no conversion from Link to Target before applying the rules. (Note that this setting is not supported, and is ignored, on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP).
          • 2. Re: Accessible files on domain DFS paths
            SupportEmployee
            Cool - adding the underlying paths is what I thought we'd always had to do, I just hadn't seen a reference to the \\dfsclient\[stuff] paths before and thought AM would audit the underlying path Windows was using to access the file. I'm still a little confused about the results listed in the screenshot above but will advise the customer and see how they get on.