8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 10:47 AM by mwitt

Reporting not working

c4rm0 Rookie
      I am using Application manager / Management centre

I am trying to run Application manager reports from within Management centre for example the Application Activity / Allowed application activity reports but when run i get "The report returned no data" errorr. I have configured Auditing within the currently assigned Application manager policy

Send events to the Appsense event log "Yes"
      Make events annoymous "No"
      Send Events to the local file log "Yes"
      Log file format "csv"

I can see the log file has been created within c:\AppsenseLogs\auditing but its 0KB

am i missing something ? does the reporting with Management Center need SQL reporting services ?
        • 1. Re: Reporting not working
          Landon Winburn ITSMMVPGroup
          Auditing in the config is different than that on the AMC. You need to go to your deployment group in the AMC and enabling auditing there. Once thats done the CCA will start pushing events up to the AMC.
          • 2. Re: Reporting not working
            c4rm0 Rookie
            I have enabled auditing on the deployment group all Application manager event IDs are ticked but still getting the report returned no data when running Application manager reports from within the AMC console
            • 3. Re: Reporting not working
              Your deployment group will have an events section. Any events in there?
              • 4. Re: Reporting not working
                c4rm0 Rookie
                Hi Landon nope the Events node on my deployment group is empty. I have re run multiple polls and there is Access credentials set up on the deployment group (The account has Local admin rights on each server that has the Appsense aganets) I assigned and deployed the AM Agent via the AMC so permission wise it seems fine
                • 5. Re: Reporting not working
                  Well if you have auditing turned on the deployment group (not the config) and you have no events then either you config is set to "unrestricted" or you have an issue with the CCA. If its the CCA you'll probably need to open a case and get some logs for support to look at. May be a BITS issue or something.
                  • 6. Re: Reporting not working
                    c4rm0 Rookie
                    Hi Landon any idea whats required to be enabled on the machine that has the CCA installed to be able to push the events to the AMC. I have enabled the remote registry service and enabled winrm and also configured setup access credentials (Local admin rights on each box)
                    • 7. Re: Reporting not working
                      Look in the C:\Program Files\AppSense\Management Center\Communications Agent\upload folder and see if anything is stuck there. If so its probably a BITS upload issue and you may need to clear the BITS queues.
                      • 8. Re: Reporting not working
                        mwitt Rookie
                        Hi Landon,

This thread looks a few months old but I am having a similar issue. I have Enterprise Auditing enabled on a test Deployment group but I get "The report returned no data" when I try to generate a report. I feel like I'm missing a step. I see events being generated under the Events for the group.

Thanks for any help!