5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 11:58 PM by Munichuser

Anybody did a fresh V10 installation?

Munichuser Rookie
      Hello,

we started to evaluate a fresh AppSense installation. Of course we thought we use V10 fresh from the start, but had many problems.
      Anybody else tried a fresh V10 installation?

reagrds
      Andreas
        • 1. Re: Anybody did a fresh V10 installation?
          Landon Winburn Expert
          I've had mixed results personally. What issues have you seen?
          • 2. Re: Anybody did a fresh V10 installation?
            Roger1 Apprentice
            I played around with it in Win 7 SP1 x64.  I had problems due to a missing component after installing the convenience roll-up and KB3033929.  I opened a ticket but support was unable to reproduce the problem. 

Error received - The installation requires EV Code Signing to be installed (KB3033929). 

Summary of my findings:
            Installing KB3033929 before the rollup and then installing AppSense worked fine.  Failing to install KB3033929 before the rollup caused the installer to fail and you would be unable to install KB3033929 (said it was already installed).  The only thing I was able to determine is there seems to be a problem with the AppSense MSI pre-req check or the rollup.  Others have reported problems with the rollup.  I had to move on to other matters and have not had a chance to revisit the issue.
            • 3. Re: Anybody did a fresh V10 installation?
              Landon Winburn Expert
              Roger, I've ran into that issue as well and apparently its supposed to be in the release notes that no one reads including myself. Its also explained here... http://www.appsense.com/kb/151123064345003
              • 4. Re: Anybody did a fresh V10 installation?
                Roger1 Apprentice
                Surprisingly, I did read (skimmed) them.  This is some weird bug with the convenience roll-up, the KB3033929, and the new version 10. 
                This is very specific issue to fresh win7 installs without any prior patches - no WIMs or images.

V10 will not install:  Fresh, clean install of Win7 x64 + SP1 + the convenience Rollup (which is supposed to contain KB3033929 and will not allow you to install it).
                V10 will install:  Fresh, clean install of Win7 x64 + SP1 + KB3033929 + Convenience Rollup. 

I suspect it's something either with the rollup or the detection logic in the MSI.  This is the only problem I've come across with installing it so far - very limited lab environment.
                • 5. Re: Anybody did a fresh V10 installation?
                  Munichuser Rookie
                  We did a new DesktopNow installation on server 2012 R2.
                  Different components chrashes with an apllicaton error on msvcr120.dll.
                  Now we installed DesktopNow 8.x components on the same server and everything works well.