2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2016 10:38 AM by Julian Wigman

Can we display values on the collection query instead of the numbers?

Apprentice

Hi,

I have created some questions in Incident Survey Object in Incident Management with data type as INT16 along with some values.

These Options will be Radio Buttons. But it is displayed as dropdown list in webdesk.

I have dragged a collection of surveys on Incident window. But the options are coming as 0, 1, 2 (Number format).

When I double on the option then the following window is displayed with the correct values(not numbers):

Can we display these values on the collection query instead of the numbers.

• 1. Re: Can we display values on the collection query instead of the numbers?
          Tomas.v Apprentice

Yes,

I don't know exact setup of your atributes etc., but you just need to modify the query for the collection. Go to the object designer, select the Object Survey (or whatever you named it) and select default query. Or make a new one.

001.PNG

I guess that you will have to make a new query. So, when creating the query, remember that you have to select the correct atribute. So it might be something like _Survey._Question1.Title etc.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Can we display values on the collection query instead of the numbers?
            Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

I fear you've tripped over one of the downsides of using an int16 attribute with the "allowed values" property setting what appears in the dropdowns.  As far as I know there is no way to show the text value of the "allowed values" in the query.  I've also seen the same when you say display a pie chart including these in WebAccess as you again get numbers instead of the text decodes;  common when you showing Survey result on dashboards for example.

Personally I've moved away from using this object type in favour of an order list instead.