4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2016 2:48 PM by JKoslowski

Add Task to Change Management

JKoslowski Apprentice

I'm struggling to get my optional "Add Task" to run properly in my Change Management module.  I can't seem to link it correctly so that it properly assigns the Change Task object to the group and analyst.

Here is the Incident task process that I'm trying to replicate

IncidentTask.jpg

Here is the Change Task process and the "Task -> Analyst" option isn't even through for the Assignment

ChangeManagement.jpg

In the "Add Reminder" I have the "Task -> Analyst" Option but I can't select it

ChangeManagement2.jpg

Thoughts on what I'm missing?  I've attempted making a one to one relationship from the System.User.EndUser.Analyst and System.Group.SupportGroup to ProcessManagement.Process.ChangeTask with no luck.

• 1. Re: Add Task to Change Management
          John Stuart-Robson Employee

Hi,

Firstly, On your Task object, did you create a new relationship from Analyst to Task?  You will not be able to insert a value from Analyst (In object designer check the related object value on the Analyst attribute in Task) into User.  The value types need to match.  You should use User to User.  This applies to your Reminder also. 

You will then need to apply a filter to the User attribute to only show the user type of analyst.

What might add to the confusion is, unless you have renamed it.  The relationship from Task on Task Assignment has a title of Change. This might confuse people to think they are accessing the change object rather than the task object.  To ease the confusion, suggest you rename the attribute to Task.

Thanks and Good luck.

John

• 2. Re: Add Task to Change Management
            JKoslowski Apprentice

Thank you so much for your reply.  I have noticed that when I create the relationship it shows up as "Analyst" being the related business object instead of "User" like it shows in the "Task Incident" object.  It looks like the title of my task object is "Change Task" under Process Management -> Process.  So its good to know that I'm on the right path but i'm still failing to create the relationship correctly.

So my question is, what am I doing wrong in creating this relationship from Analyst to Task that its showing up as the wrong related object?  Or just start with how do I create the relationship cause i'm obviously not doing it correctly.

• 3. Re: Add Task to Change Management
              John Stuart-Robson Employee

Create a relationship of User to Task.  You should then be able to value type into the user on Task Assignment.  Analyst won't work as doesn't match the object class.

Hope that helps

John

• 4. Re: Add Task to Change Management
                JKoslowski Apprentice

Progress.  I was able to link these and it looks just like the Incident task but the Runtime value looks different and it doesn't seem to be assigning it to the user that is selected.