It would really help to know what version of LANDesk Management Suite you're on.
More information on your environment would also be nice (physical / virtual Core, etc.).
*IF* you're on either 9.6 or 2016 ... and *if* (I suspect here?) your Core is on a VM, check out the following thread -- Active Installs Is Low -- I apologise up-front, it *IS* quite a bit of a read. But I'm suspecting you may have something similar going on here (could be wrong, but haven't got much to go on).
Main points are:
- Check if the suggested workaround of mine (create a "custom script" that runs policy sync) works in your environment to kick things off.
- IF that is the case, chances are you might be suffering from the "general situation" we've described there and "something" may be blocking the UDP discovery packets going out to the agents (which would be why the Core doesn't actually get to tell the clients to "go do a policy sync") - which is what the "push" side of things does.
- Try working through the VMWare article that Marxtar linked -- https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2039495
- I try to go out of my way to provide a LOT of detail on how to trace / debug that situation to see where things are.
- COULD be as simple as you're using SEP (Symantec Endpoint Protection) and may want to following the steps in this article here - How to troubleshoot Agent Discovery - which has a specific SEP-relevant section.
... let's see how that goes first?
Thanks for the links. I'll go through them more on Monday. We do use SEP on about half the machines and I'll run some test pushes to see if it makes a difference on SEP vs non-SEP machines. I marked my question in the LANDESK 2016 category but didn't realize it wasn't that visible underneath the question.
Thanks for your help.
Any luck on this? Were you able to get this resolved?
No, we weren't able to figure this out. We have a mixed SEP and ESET environment and can push to some machines with ESET, some with SEP. We're using Policy supported push with our tasks so it it can be pushed it will.