3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2008 1:47 PM by dferrett

LDSM 8.8 Server Monitoring Counters

Apprentice

I'm having some problems getting LDSM 8.8 SP1 Server Mionitoring working correctly at my site. If I open up a Server View in the browser and navigate to the 'Monitoring' section the following text appears where the 'Active Performance Counter' window should appear:

'The Performance counters provider is not installed on this device'.

I have included a screenshot attached.

I get this for approximately 60% of the 80+  Windows 2003 Servers that I've installed the LANDesk client on. I have used the same client on all Servers. Occasionally if I press 'Refresh' often enough (30+times) I can get the expected 'Active Performance Counters' window to appear. I have successfully deployed the 'LDMS default ruleset' plus some others I've created to all Servers.

Anybody else seen this and could give me some pointers please. I have a current support call in with my privider but they haven't been able to solve it yet.

Many thanks.

Andy.

• 1. Re: LDSM 8.8 Server Monitoring Counters
          Apprentice

Hi Andy,

I had the same problem until going to SP2. Now I get the monitoring screen showing up every time, but I still cannit get any counters working.

Cheers
          Dave

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: LDSM 8.8 Server Monitoring Counters
            Apprentice

Hi Dave,

My ESP came back to me late last week with the same info on SP2.  I haven't yet had time to install SP2 myself, hope to do this within the next week or two. Hopefully this'll solve all my Monitoring problems. 

The counters that I have managed to deploy seem to be working, apart that is from the one that monitors free hard disk space. I've setup a monitor on Server Drive Space to log & e-mail me an alert when it gets critical. Embarrassingly I received no alert when a critical Server then ran out of disk space. It's possible that I may have set this up incorrectly, although I have other alerts that are logging & e-mailing me correctly. I'll have another go at doing this after i've installed SP2.

Thanks.

Andy.

• 3. Re: LDSM 8.8 Server Monitoring Counters
              Apprentice

Hi Andy,

How did you get the counters to display? This is the final area of monitoring that I cannot get working. Email alerts all fine, but no counters :-(

Cheers

Dave