1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2016 10:10 AM by feliperampazzo

Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355

feliperampazzo Apprentice

Hi guys,

I am trying to distribute a software but it is not working. After look the logs files (PolicySync.log), I get this message:

GetLdapInfo: ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355

GetLdapInfo: use cached logon info

GetLdapInfo: not a valid ldapinfo, return E_FAIL

There are lot of troubles

Every information that I looked not solve the problem, any ideas? Is there other kind of log that I should look for?

I can install an agent by Unmanaged Devices Discovery and Scheduled Tasks, but no softwares.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355
          masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Felipe,

I don't believe this error is the root cause for your not working software distribution. A few more details will be helpful.

What LDMS Version are you running?

Is an actual agent on the client and does it have an approved certificate?

Is it a push or a policy distribution?

What is the return code and error message you get in the scheduled Task?

Is there a "Policies" Folder under ProgramData on the client and are there policy files in there?

Logs to check on the client:

...ProgramData\LANDESK\LOG\policysync.exe.log

...ProgramFiles\LANDESK\LDClient\Data\sdclientxxx.log

Kind regards

Christian

• 2. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your help.

What LDMS Version are you running?

Is an actual agent on the client and does it have an approved certificate?

In Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\Shared Files\cbaroot\certs there are files with a hash.

Is it a push or a policy distribution?

We have tried both methods.

What is the return code and error message you get in the scheduled Task?

By push method, the task stuck in active mode and never finish. However, in policy-supported push it stay in pending mode.

Is there a "Policies" Folder under ProgramData on the client and are there policy files in there?

Yes, there is. However, There are not files inside.

I only found this error in policysync.exe.log: Request: failed get target info and sdclientxxx.log was not created.

• 3. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355
              masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Felipe,

if there is no policy XML file in the policy folder of the client, you definitivly have a communication problem between core and client as mentioned in the other discussion (UDD). Neither the core can push a policy.xml (push distribution) to the client nor the client will pull a policy.xml file (policy distribution) from the core.

Can you search for one (or more) .0 files (example b3g540e3.0) on the core under

C:\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\ldlogon.

This is the certificate which is used for client core communication.

Now look on one cllient under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\Shared Files\cbaroot\certs

There should be the same file as on the core. if not copy the file from the core to the client and try the software distribution again.

Another thing you can check, right click on an affected device in the network view and choose "Scheduled Tasks and Diagnostics". In the new window there is a small globe with a binocular right next to "Logs". If you mouse over it says "Real-time discovery". Click it and wait for the result. If it returns "No data" then you have a network communication problem. By the way, test this with more than one device.

Regards

Christian

• 4. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355
                LANDave SupportEmployee

If you are using 2016 make sure that the client is Accepted in the Enhanced Security.

To do this:

1. In the LDMS console click "Configure" -> "Client Access"
                2. Look for the computer(s) you are trying to deploy to and approve them in this list.

I could be way off base here, but it's worth a look.

• 5. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355

Hi Christian,

I looked at Real-time discovery and it returned data and certs are the same.

I do not know if it matters but we installed the new agent in-place of agent 9.0. Does it cause some kind of problems? Now, the agent is 9.6.

In Content Replication, we changed the sources to the same server that we used in Landesk 9.0 and the distribution worked once (except by wrong path in package properties but it still not working). We are looking for blocks with our network people on firewall. If it is the problem, I'll post it here.

• 6. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355

Hi LANDave,

The version is 9.6, not 2016.

Thx

• 7. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355
                      masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Felipe,

I don't think, the inplace Installation matters.

Can you tell me if you have this distribution problem on ALL targets of the task or does it affect only some of the devices. I had some devices on one of our customers environment, where the distribution stucks as yours. The cause of this was, .NET 4.0 was missing. But if thats the case, the policy folder doesn't exist in "ProgramData\LANDESK".

By the way, the agent install on these devices returns successful. Maybe it's worth a check, if your Clients have .Net 4 installed.

If .Net is installed you can try the following, pick out one affected device, do an "uninstallwinclient /forceclean" manually on the device, wait for the reboot and install a new agent. Then test the software distribution again. You can download the uninstallwinclient to your Client from your core \\corename\lldmain.

Regards

Christian

• 8. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355

Hi Christian,

As you said, ldapwhoami.exe error isn't the root cause for software distribution isn't working.

I tried a lot of possibilities yesterday. In my deployment environment there are three machines: two of them showed this message:  "Client has initiated asynchronous policy execution" - Return Code 1354 and stuck in active mode. After a clean instalation of agent using a self-content, one worked like a charm but when I changed the Ethernet cable it stopped (IP address still the same). Then, I run invent and policysync but it just worked when I did a ipconfig /release and /renew. However, It stopped to work after some hours.

I followed this tutorial "Client has initiated asynchronous policy execution" - Return Code 1354 and no changes yet. Today, another error appeared: Err 1110 - Cannot find agent. In this same device, I cannot use Remote Control: unable to establish a secure session with the remote computer. All ports on clients and servers were opened.

I am not sure if it is a network problem or an agent problem.

• 9. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355
                          masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Felipe,

this is very odd.

Both messages "Client has initiated asynchronous policy execution" and "Cannot find agent" indicate (from my point of view) a communication problem between core and client. Because you have UDD problems too (how to identify a device like a computer in Unmanaged devices ) I would say something is wrong in your network.

Is it possible for you, to bring one client into the same subnet as the core? With this you can eliminate some issues like a Firewall or HIPS systems that maybe between core and client network. As I wrote in the other post, are there any other security suites on the client, that may block network traffic? (Kasperksy, Symantec, TrendMicro...). If so, disable them temporarly on one test client...

Regards

Christian

• 10. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355

Hi Christian,

Sorry for answer late. I'm not sure but is it possible any process of Landesk interfering in Distribution? When I turn off/on a machine the task works for a time. I'm testing in 4 machines: two of them work like a charm. All of them are in the same subnet.

• 11. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355
                              masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Felipe,

everything is possible...

You say the task works fine for a time. After it doesn't work, did you check the eventlog of the client? Did you check if all LANDESK services running?

Regards

Christian

• 12. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355

Hi Christian,

After some tests, we realized that when the users log off, the distribution works. Maybe, it is a privileges problem but I was using an administrator account in server and client so it is not make sense for me. I tried to use LocalSystem, Administrator Account, domain user in distribution but it still not working.

• 13. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355
                                  masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Felipe,

I don't know if this really could be the cause but can you check your COM+ objects on your core Server? Here is a link how they need to be configured:

How to Configure COM+ Server Credentials

There should be two objects LANDesk and LANDesk1. Do these little globe/ball icons spin around?

Regards

Christian

• 14. Re: Trouble to distributed software ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355

I've looked them. Both objects are working. In my test environment, I might install 9.5 before doing an upgrade because there is a problem with SQL Server's licenses. Maybe some configuration can have been done incorrectly.

We are starting again, installing and configuring the server. If that problem still happens, I'll re-open this topic.

Thank you so much Christian for yours replies, I will mark the last one as a correct answer because many problems with distribution can be solved by it.

1 2 Previous Next