11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2016 12:14 PM by dmshimself

Unable to delete Buisness Object

GPStrategies Apprentice

Hi,

I am unable to delete a BO and prompted this error message. In addition I do not have the option to delete the Children and Parent attribute.

• 1. Re: Unable to delete Buisness Object
          ITSMMVPGroup

You'll need to leave any of these types of attributes alone.  Was there a business reason you wanted to delete them?

• 2. Re: Unable to delete Buisness Object
            GPStrategies Apprentice

I am working on building Gamification and running into issues with calculation and relationships. I wanted to start from scratch and delete all BO related to the Gamification build.

• 3. Re: Unable to delete Buisness Object
              ITSMMVPGroup

Understood.  Gamification uses the existing Incident module, so you'll need to steer away from deleting system type items in there as otherwise bad things will happen to your regular incident process.  The documentation lists all the objects that it uses,so you should be able to safely delete those.  If you write a query against metadata/attribute type and look at the last update, you should be able to see all the attributes you modified since you started work.  LDSD doesn't have a creation date for these, but lastupdated is usually good enough.

• 4. Re: Unable to delete Buisness Object
                GPStrategies Apprentice

Are you aware of a video or step by step guide? The document I have Gamification.Content Pack can be confusing to me.

• 5. Re: Unable to delete Buisness Object
                  GPStrategies Apprentice

Thank you. This is the first time building out a major app. Although, I have been to Landesk design training. I am stuck on page 15 of this Gamification Content Pack.pdf. I am having trouble adding the image values. I am in Designers - Object Designer - System. Game XP Level. Is there any advice you have or resources that you know of to assist?

• 6. Re: Unable to delete Buisness Object
                    ITSMMVPGroup

From memory when you browse for images, the ones supplied are of a type that you may not be able to use.  Can you browse at all to locate the images?  If so, create some of your own that of a type LDSD can see.

• 7. Re: Unable to delete Buisness Object
                      GPStrategies Apprentice

Unfortunately, I am one step behind. Should I be in "Designers -> Window Manager" to perform this action or "Designers -> Object Designer"? My apologies for my limited experience.

• 8. Re: Unable to delete Buisness Object
                        ITSMMVPGroup

It looks to me as though a few steps have been left out, but the patient and careful administrator will be able to cope -:)  For each of the reference lists, create a window in window manager and you could use the wizard to do this initially just to get the main attributes on it that you need.  Then in the Administration shortcut, find those same reference lists and right hand click create.  That should open up your freshly created window and you can add the values.  Tidy up the windows later if needed.

• 9. Re: Unable to delete Buisness Object
                          GPStrategies Apprentice

Thanks! I'll try this now.

• 10. Re: Unable to delete Buisness Object
                            GPStrategies Apprentice

I have moved onto to page 15. I am in Admin-Admin System.Game Control Category and my windows don't match the instructions. I'm not sure what I am missing? Am I suppose to add this to this window?

• 11. Re: Unable to delete Buisness Object
                              ITSMMVPGroup

Add enough attributes to allow you to move on through.  As a general comment about LANDESK content packs, I've found that the instructions are a good guide, but they do assume the reader has a good to excellent working knowledge of LDSD.  This can be a bit chicken and egg because how do you get to win this knowledge without some exercises to go through.  So treat this guide as a broad indicator of intent rather than explicit, detailed bullet points.  I suspect that if you contact support to register your concerns, you'll be put in contact with one of the LANDESK commercial consultants who will help at a daily rate.  As long as you are happy to battle through, refer back to your boot camp notes, I think you will get to the end and will have learned a lot.

Your comments about video training are well placed and it would be interesting if you contacted your account manager and put that to them.