3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2016 6:15 AM by Jharris3400

Agent fails with wscfg32.log error

Apprentice

I am trying to install an agent to a Acer and Lenovo Thin Client device and I am getting the error in the attached file LDerror and I attached the wscfg32.log file

The same agent works on an HP t520 Thin Client. Agent is created from LANDesk 2016.0

Any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Agent fails with wscfg32.log error
          Jharris3400 Apprentice

I see you are installing AV and suppressing a reboot?

"\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\APS-Windows-Agent-AV.msi" /L*v "C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Log\APS-Windows-Agent-AV_msi.log" /q REBOOT=ReallySuppress, INSTALLONLY

Thu, 08 Dec 2016 16:05:07 FAILED:  bCriticalError set to TRUE. Processing C:"

Try changing your reboot settings for AV and allow it to reboot when it needs too.

• 2. Re: Agent fails with wscfg32.log error
            masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi,

can you check if there is a log on: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Log\APS-Windows-Agent-AV_msi.log.

It seems that the installer try to create a log but can't and throws an msi error 1622. If you google for this error, it means "Error in writing a log file".

Maybe a point to start troubleshooting from...

Regards

Christian

• 3. Re: Agent fails with wscfg32.log error
              Jharris3400 Apprentice

I’ve seen this issue more than once with the with_status agent

I would recommend not using that agent due to this issue, unless otherwise having success that you guys may already have had.

What you can do:

Since this is probably on a box that has a failed install of LD.

1)      Stop the EPS services [ldsecsvc etc]

2)      Stop EPSUI.exe

3)      Try again

The issue I’ve seen is due to msiexec isn’t allowed to run because the failed LANDesk install is preventing it [msiexec.exe] from running, and throwing various errors.